LATEST UPDATE: January 2019
This Cookie Notice explains what cookies are, which cookies GOC uses, what your options are regarding cookies and where you can find further information.
1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files containing a string of characters that can be placed on your computer, tablet or mobile device when you visit a website. These cookies will uniquely identify your browser or device.
Cookies allow a website to know if your computer or device has visited that site before. Cookies can then be used to help understand how the site is being used, help you navigate between pages efficiently, help remember your preferences and generally improve your browsing experience. Cookies can also help ensure marketing you see online is more relevant to you and your interests.
Different kinds of cookies
- Session cookies are placed on the user’s device at the beginning of the session, when the browser is opened and are deleted as soon as the user closes the window.
- Persistent cookies are placed on the user’s device for the time frame determined in the cookie itself.
- Functional cookies are cookies ensuring that the website functions properly.
- Non-functional cookies are cookies that are not related to the purely technical functioning of the website. These cookies can have different purposes such as statistical, targeting or commercial purposes. These cookies essentially aim to make your navigation more comfortable and user-friendly.
- First party cookies are cookies placed by the website visited by the user.
- Third party cookies are cookies placed by another domain name than that of the website visited by the user.
2. Which cookies does GOC use?
|plg_system_eprivacy||Used to remember your choice concerning cookies||Persistent – 30 days|
We also use Google Analytics cookies to compile anonymous statistics that show:
- the amount of visits to the website;
- how visitors use our websites;
- which pages they visit;
- their geographical location.
These are non-functional cookies that help us to improve the website’s structure and content and to facilitate and optimize your browsing. These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you. As they are persistent cookies they will stay on your device for the timeframe defined by the cookies themselves, unless you decide to delete them sooner (see 3. What are your options regarding cookies?).
|_ga||Statistical – Used to distinguish unique users.||Persistent – 2 years|
|_gat||Statistical – Used to throttle request rate.||Persistent – 1 to 10 minutes|
|_gid||Statistical – Used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data.||Persistent – 24 hours|
First party cookies All cookies on our website are to be considered first party cookies because they are placed in your browser by the GOC website itself.
3. What are your options regarding cookies?
Your consent On our website we give you the choice to ‘Accept’ the website’s cookies or leave the site. Either way, no cookies will be stored before you have made this decision.
If you click ‘Accept’, the aforementioned cookies will be stored in your web browser. If you decide not to ‘‘Accept’, the aforementioned cookies will not be stored in your web browser.
Please note that if you delete cookies, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer and some of our pages might not be displayed properly. However, the core functionalities of our website will be available to all regardless of your acceptance of cookies.
Modify your browser settings It is possible to prevent your browser from accepting cookies or to stop it accepting cookies from a particular website. If you would like to instruct your web browser to refuse all or certain cookies in the future, you can find instructions to change your browser settings on these websites:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari
If you would like to instruct your browser to refuse all Google Analytics cookies in the future as well, you can download a specific add-on here.
4. Want more detailed information about cookies?
You can learn more about cookies on www.allaboutcookies.org
5. How are you being informed about any changes to this Notice?
You will be informed of any changes to this Cookie Notice by an informative banner that appears when you visit our website.
If the adjustment would lead to a major change, you will be asked for your cookie preferences again.
6. How can you contact us?
If you have any questions now or during your visit, please submit your request through our contact form.